This week Apple launched a sequence of software program updates to pave the best way for tomorrow’s iPhone 12 launch. Together with: iOS and iPadOS 14.1 in addition to updates for iMovie and GarageBand for iOS.
iOS 14.1 contains help for the varied new iPhone 12-specific options, in addition to various bug fixes. Many of the bug fixes repair UI bugs that shipped with iOS 14 within the final month. iPadOS 14.1 contains among the similar bug fixes.
Each updates are the second since iOS 14 after iOS and iPadOS 14.0.1. The replace instantly previous to this replace fastened a bug that resulted in customers’ default e-mail and browser apps being reset when a tool was turned off or restarted. Nonetheless, in the meantime, customers have discovered that their settings are additionally reset when App Retailer updates are made. iOS 14.1 doesn’t handle this problem.
Listed below are Apple’s replace notes for iOS 14.1:
iOS 14.1 incorporates enhancements and bug fixes on your “iPhone”.
- Provides help for 10-bit HDR video playback and edits it in Images for iPhone eight and later
- Fixes a difficulty the place some “widgets”, folders, and icons had been displayed at a decreased measurement on the house display
- Fixes a difficulty the place dragging “Widgets” on the “House Display” might take away apps from folders
- Fixes a difficulty the place some emails in Mail had been despatched from an incorrect alias
- Addresses a difficulty that would stop incoming calls from displaying area info
- Addresses a difficulty on some units the place choosing the zoomed view mode and an alphanumeric passcode might trigger the lock display emergency button to overlap the textual content entry subject
- Fixes a difficulty by which some customers had been sometimes unable to obtain or add songs to their library whereas viewing an album or playlist
- Addresses a difficulty that would stop the calculator from displaying zeros
- Fixes a difficulty the place streaming video might quickly decrease its decision originally of playback
- Addresses a difficulty that prevented some customers from establishing a member of the family’s Apple Watch
- Fixes a difficulty the place the Apple Watch case materials was displayed incorrectly within the Apple Watch app
- Addresses a difficulty within the Recordsdata app that would trigger some MDM managed cloud service suppliers to incorrectly show content material as unavailable
- Improves compatibility with Ubiquiti wi-fi entry factors
Some options might not be obtainable in all areas or on all Apple units. For details about the safety content material of Apple software program updates, see this web site: https://help.apple.com/kb/HT201222