Sony continues to innovate in the smartphone market with a focus on camera, gaming, video and audio improvements. That Xperia 1 IV (Mark Four) offers the latest flagship specifications with a true 85-125mm optical zoom lens.
The new phone will be available in black and purple in September for around $1,600. It’s interesting to see an announcement more than three months ahead of availability, with pre-orders starting from today. Those who pre-order the phone will receive the Sony WF-1000XM4 wireless noise canceling earbuds ($280 value).
Some of the advanced photo features of the Sony Xperia Pro-I smartphone will also be available on the Xperia 1 IV. This phone was a camera with phone capabilities, while this new model is more of a phone with advanced camera capabilities.
Also: Sony WF-1000XM4 review
- processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1
- main display: 6.5-inch 21:9 OLED with 120Hz refresh rate, Gorilla Glass Victus
- R.A.M.: 12GB
- warehouse: 512 GB internal memory with microSD card slot
- Dust/water resistance: IP68
- cameras: 12 MP 24mm wide, 12 MP 16mm ultra wide and 12 MP 85-125mm telephoto. 12MP front camera
- battery: 5000 mAh non-removable with wireless charging and fast charging support
- Colours: Black and purple
Likewise: The best Android phones: Better than the iPhone?
Advanced features include Videography Pro, Optical SteadyShot with FlawlessEye, external monitor support for Sony Alpha cameras, Cinematography Pro, Game Enhancer, expanded music support, Music Pro recording capability and much more.
The Xperia Pro-I will also receive a future software update that will enable live streaming via the external monitor and Videography Pro. These updates are scheduled for a July 2022 release.